Founded in 1893, EHL was the first hotel school and is consistently regarded as the best hospitality school in the world. It trains students with exacting standards to be the future leaders in the hospitality industry. The original campus is located just outside the beautiful Swiss city of Lausanne, but students can now also choose to spend all, or some, of their time at the brand new facilities in downtown Singapore.
- Semi-rural (Lausanne) – the campus is 8 miles from the city centre of Lausanne
- Urban (Singapore) – located in the Orchard Road area
- Accredited as an Institute of Higher Education with New England Commision of High Education, US.
- QS World University Rankings 2022 – No. 1 Hospitality and Leisure Management
- Total student population – around 3,200
- Very international student body with over 120 nationalities represented
- All students and staff adhere to the EHL Dress Code
- 4 year programme: BSc International Hospitality Management prepares students to lead and launch hospitality businesses
- Minimum age of entry is 18
- Applicants must have completed their final secondary school examinations qualifying for university entry in the country where they attended school
- Require grades well above the minimum pass level. Difficulty of courses are taken into consideration and subjects that develop analytical skills are favoured
- IB: 28/45 || A Level: minimum BBC must include one numerical or science subject || US GPA unweighted min. 3 + SAT 1 or ACT + min 3 AP or Honours courses
- 3 step application process: online application; online assessment, including an interview and an hospitality aptitude test; and a motivation day, including a second interview and team building exercises
- 2 intakes: September and February.
- Starts with a Preparatory Year – to introduce all aspects of the hospitality world and create a professional foundation
- Dual focus on academic learning and industry practice
- Curriculum includes two internships (6 months Operations and 6 months Management) and a business project
- 2 annual on campus Career Fairs attracting industry leaders (over 180 companies) enables students to find internships and permanent positions
- 12 Food and Beverage Outlets on campus, including a wine tasting room and the One Michelin Star restaurant Berceau des Sens.
- A number of sustainability initiatives operate on campus: waste management system, veggie garden, solar panels, electric cars
- EHL Innovation Village and option for a Student Entrepreneurship project
- (SEP) in your own start-up guided by faculty innovation experts
- Tuition fees – $31,000 USD per year || Total cost including tuition, dorm on campus, food and beverage, and service costs – $51,000 USD per year
*Singapore is around 15% cheaper
- Scholarship and financial aid options. FAFSA approved.
- International students can work up to 15 hours/week during term time (pay rate around $19 – $26 USD per hour for odd jobs).
- International students can stay up to 6 months after graduation to find jobs.
- Option of beautiful campus housing for all students. Some brand new
30+ student led committees and a range of extracurricular activities enable the development of leadership and creativity
- Multitude of arts, cultural, gastronomic and outdoor activities to do in
- Lausanne and wider Switzerland. The central location allows easy access to the rest of Europe.
- Life on the Singapore campus is more fast-paced – right on the doorstep of the city’s cultural activities, huge range of dining options, sporting events and world-class shopping. A quick flight to many other places around SE Asia.
Both campuses have sports facilities, fitness classes and excursions.
- Lots of EHL traditions, including the annual Fete Universelle organised by a student committee
- EHL Junior Academy offers online (age 14+) and on campus (16-18) pre-university programmes of one, two and three weeks
Applications to EHL should be made directly on their website or via CommonApp.