Located on a stunning walled campus, the University of Stirling is great for students who want to be outside a main city, but to have the attractions of both Glasgow and Edinburgh within easy reach.
Sports are big here and the university is very highly regarded for its campus facilities and offers scholarships for a number of sports.
The flexible degree programme, common across Scottish universities, allows students freedom to try a range of subjects before settling on their major in their 3rd year.
A very safe, international community with nature right on the doorstep.
- Founded in 1967
- Public, research intensive
- 330 acre parkland campus
- Beautiful main campus in the foothills of the Ochil Hills. Central belt of Scotland within a walled estate
- Very safe location
- Both Glasgow and Edinburgh only 40 minutes by rail or car
- 14,000 part time and full time students – 8,500 undergraduates
- Students from more than 140 countries
- 1 in 5 students are from overseas
- Entry requirements: A Level BBB for most courses / US – minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale, minimum B average), and one letter of reference / Full IB Diploma 26-34
- 4 Faculties: Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Natural Sciences, Health Sciences and Sport + Stirling Management School
- 4 years of study – flexible, modular degree structure
- 2 semesters: September to December + January to May
- Students apply to study a particular subject, but can make changes once enrolled
- No core curriculum
- Students generally take three courses in Years 1 and 2, and then concentrate on 1 or 2 subjects in the last two years
- Combination of weekly lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Major industrial research links through the Stirling University Innovation Park – home to 50 companies engaging in research and development
- A number of international degree partnerships with universities in Asia, Middle East and Europe – including: Singapore Institute of Management, Chengdu University, China and Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan, Budapest Business School and Muscat College, Oman.
- 70 overseas partners for study abroad options
- INTO pathway programmes for students who don’t meet the entry requirements
- Some scholarships are available for international students and American students can use their U.S. student loans to attend.
- Guaranteed accommodation in first year – single study bedrooms in a University residence
- Around 120+ clubs and societies supported by the Stirling Students’ Union
- Over 53 sports clubs
- Sports scholarships offered in football, golf, swimming, tennis and triathlon
- UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide) and Scotland’s University of Sporting Excellence since 2008
- Olympic sized pool and home to both National Tennis and National Swimming Academies
- MacRobert Arts Centre has a 135 seat cinema on campus + hosts lots of live shows from comedy, to drama, to dance.